Neutrogena Deep Clean Makeup Remover Wipes, 3-Ounces (Pack of 3)
From Neutrogena
- Amazon Sales Rank: #62411 in Health and Beauty
- Brand: Neutrogena
- Number of items: 3
- Dimensions: 4.00" h x 5.00" w x 6.00" l, 1.08 pounds
Oil-free, but beware: contains alcohol
I hate to wash my face at night. Somehow, I always end up going to bed with wet hair. Therefore, I have been on a quest for reasonably priced wipes that would remove make up (including waterproof mascara), while leaving my sensitive skin soft and calm. Since I do break out sometimes, I was instantly attracted to the Neutrogena Deep Clean wipes due to the oil-free claim. However, as soon as I opened the box I regretted my purchase, as I was hit by a nose burning and eye watering alcohol vapor.
PROS:
-the wipes are over an inch wider then most other brands (they are 7.4" by 7.2") making them more comfortable to handle;
-one sheet was enough to remove the foundation (look under CONS for the mascara note);
CONS:
-scent is vile and lingers; it reminds me of the scent of industrial alcohol, the one my father, an amateur photographer, used to clean his equipment; the alcohol burns my nostrils;
-only after one use, my face seemed slightly red; even though the directions clearly state to use the wipes on eye lids, there was slight burning and my eye lid skin was VERY dry afterwards;
-I am sure the inclusion of menthol and salicylic acid did not help; I cannot imagine those are good for skin around the eyes? unlike with other brands I have used, I have found no claims on the box on the safety of the wipes for contact lens wearers;
-do not remove waterproof mascara;
-price per wipe is higher then most supermarket brands; I could have lived with that, had the wipes performed satisfactorily;
The only thing I love about this product is the size. Alas, my search for a wipe that removes make up (including waterproof mascara) and does not aggravate skin continues...